Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weight Platter Mass

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fbalay36

Weight Platter Mass Empty
PostSubject: Weight Platter Mass   Weight Platter Mass Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Does anyone have the mass measurement(s) [preferably multiple] of the weight platter that was inserted into the pressure apparatus?

If so, would you please reply to this post with your measurement(s), lab section, and group number so that we could reference you appropriately in the report.
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Weight Platter Mass   Weight Platter Mass Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:51 pm

WHOA WHOA WHOA...tap the brakes there. Under NO circumstances may you use another group's data, regardless of whether you cite it or not, unless you have my EXPLICIT permission (and in this instance, you do not). This forum is absolutely NOT a place to be sharing data between groups, and if I catch it happening there are going to be severe consequences. If for some reason there is a need for some data to be shared or distributed, leave it to me to take the reins in spearheading that effort.

Sorry to be a buzz-kill here everyone, but we all have to tread very carefully when it comes to the Engineering Honor Code.

Now for the part where I don't have to sound like a jerk...this post actually brings up an important point...do you actually need the weight of the loading platter? Your 'unloaded' or '0 lb' point on the calibration curve is with the loading platter exerting some non-zero force on the measurement device (giving you a pressure greater than zero)...what meaning would a pressure measurement be with the loading platter not on there? What would be the weight? If you can start thinking about these questions, you'll see that you may not need the quantity you were asking about.

Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com
fbalay36

PostSubject: Re: Weight Platter Mass   Weight Platter Mass Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:17 pm

My apologies, please do not share any of these measurements. GSI Overlord, thank you for the notification and reminder of these conditions as well as insight. Situation avoided!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight Platter Mass   Weight Platter Mass Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight Platter Mass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey :: Lab Questions :: Lab 1-
Jump to: