Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about what we need to do for recommendation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
taelee

Question about what we need to do for recommendation Empty
PostSubject: Question about what we need to do for recommendation   Question about what we need to do for recommendation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi Josh

Our team had a question on the recommendation part of the report.
So after recommendation, are we supposed to include a new true stress and true strain curve?
or do we keep the true stress and strain curve that we obtained during the lab, even after our recommendation?

Thank you
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

Question about what we need to do for recommendation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about what we need to do for recommendation   Question about what we need to do for recommendation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 5:44 pm

You just need to report the yield stress of your final product (processed brass) with uncertainty, and that needs to be consistent with your nominal stress-strain curve. You could re-plot the nominal stress-strain curve with and show where the final product will lie on that curve, or maybe just put an X (with error bars!) on the curve to signify the final yield stress of the finished product.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by a 'new' true stress and true strain curve...there's only one for the given brass material.

I think as a procedural point you aren't supposed to be including figures in your recommendations, but you could check with the Tech Com people about that.
Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com

Question about what we need to do for recommendation
Page 1 of 1