Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need Clarification Regarding Findings and Conclusion Sections

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fbalay36

Need Clarification Regarding Findings and Conclusion Sections Empty
PostSubject: Need Clarification Regarding Findings and Conclusion Sections   Need Clarification Regarding Findings and Conclusion Sections Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Since one of our tasks is to recommend a procedure for drawing and annealing the brass samples to clients' specification, my inquiry is about where exactly we must include this process.

From the ME395 style guide, it is my understanding that the "Results" section of the report should not contain any recommendations and instead the recommendation(s) clause be included in the recommendation subsection of the "Conclusion" section. My confusion derives from the fact that the recommendation for the drawing and annealing process is one of our tasks, so do we treat this "recommendation" task as a task, a recommendation only to be included in the conclusion section, or a hybrid between the two?
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

Need Clarification Regarding Findings and Conclusion Sections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Clarification Regarding Findings and Conclusion Sections   Need Clarification Regarding Findings and Conclusion Sections Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:46 am

No hybridization here...you need to stick to the style guide and include the appropriate information in the appropriate sections.

You'll basically build up your data and the 'argument' for your plan with your Findings and Conclusions...the Recommendations will have the actual steps to give to the supplier, which should be consistent with your stress-strain curves.
Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com

Need Clarification Regarding Findings and Conclusion Sections
Page 1 of 1