Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Span between supports

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Esther C

Span between supports Empty
PostSubject: Span between supports   Span between supports Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi

I'm feeling really stupid because I feel like this must be obvious, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the value of the span is! I don't remember it being said in class and I really don't think it's in any of the documents... what am I missing? I've been using "4W" as a placeholder, but obviously that's unacceptably uncertain.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
CV5 Yorktown

CV5 Yorktown

PostSubject: Re: Span between supports   Span between supports Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:19 pm

If you look in Ctools into section 4's data (measurements.xls file) there are measurements for the length between supports given. I think the length should be the same for all sections...
Back to top Go down
Esther C

PostSubject: Re: Span between supports   Span between supports Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Thank you so much. Ok, it was in that dimensions speadsheet for my section too... my spreadsheet was just scrolled down a tad and so I couldn't find it...super dumb. Lol. But you're a lifesaver.
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Span between supports   Span between supports Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:38 am

Glad you got it figured out. Nominally the span between the supports is 3".
Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Span between supports   Span between supports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Span between supports
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey :: Lab Questions :: Lab 4-
Jump to: