Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pressure Accuracy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cjrotman

Pressure Accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Pressure Accuracy   Pressure Accuracy Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 pm

The accuracy error of the pressure readings on the spec sheet is 1% of full scale range. I was wondering what the full scale range is? I did not record this during lab. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

Pressure Accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pressure Accuracy   Pressure Accuracy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:04 pm

This information is actually in the Hampden_channels.pdf in the resources section of CTools for lab 5.
Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com
rholstad

Pressure Accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pressure Accuracy   Pressure Accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:48 pm

There isnt however information on the accuracy of the volume flow rate. It gives the FSR in the Hampden Channels pdf but not the error anywhere.
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

Pressure Accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pressure Accuracy   Pressure Accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:17 pm

You need to use two different files to get the pressure uncertainty in CTools, the Hampden_channels.pdf file and the Hampden_accuracy_errors.pdf file.
Back to top Go down
rholstad

Pressure Accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pressure Accuracy   Pressure Accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

But neither file makes any mention of the volume flow rate error. I understand pressure, I guess the question is under the wrong header but it pertained to the hampden channels error so I replied here.
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

Pressure Accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pressure Accuracy   Pressure Accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Ah yes, sorry, I just misread your earlier post.

It looks like they didn't give you accuracy error of the flowmeter, so in the absence of a model number, you'll have to assume accuracy error to be zero and use the precision and resolution error for the uncertainty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pressure Accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pressure Accuracy   Pressure Accuracy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pressure Accuracy
Page 1 of 1