Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Points outside the vapor dome

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MalcolmTucker

Points outside the vapor dome Empty
PostSubject: Points outside the vapor dome   Points outside the vapor dome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:35 pm

You mentioned in office hours how the curve outside the vapor dome should be non-linear (line 2 --> 8 and 7-->1). But despite using as many points as we could (by inputting S values in the appropriate range in the program) we still get curves that appear to be very linear. How do we proceed?
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

Points outside the vapor dome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Points outside the vapor dome   Points outside the vapor dome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:54 pm

Depending on which isobar you are at, it's not necessarily going to be a very pronounced curve, but it definitely shouldn't be exactly a straight line either. If you are using the thermodynamic software correctly then it shouldn't lead you astray...you can always look up examples in a textbook or online if you are curious exactly how much of a curvature there should be to the isobars (it might not be as much as you are thinking there should be).
Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com

Points outside the vapor dome
Page 1 of 1