Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thermometer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ultimate9

Thermometer Empty
PostSubject: Thermometer   Thermometer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:21 pm

What is the accuracy error for thermometer? It is not posted in spec sheet
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

Thermometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thermometer   Thermometer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Recall, I mentioned there are two potential sources of accuracy error. One occurs when you are using a device with a readout that converts some analog signal to a digital measurement; there will be some sort of accuracy associated with the instrument. These types of accuracy errors are reported in spec sheets as either full-scale errors or some accuracy error of the reading. In the case of analog measurement devices like the thermometer or ruler, for instance, obviously that type of accuracy error is not present. If there is no accuracy error posted on a spec sheet, the other potential source of accuracy error comes from you, the person taking the measurement. So if you believe that you misread the thermometer or something of that nature (wrote down the wrong temperature, etc.), that would be an accuracy error. If you recall from the homework, you were asked a question regarding the legitimacy of setting the accuracy error on the calipers to zero...basically this is the same situation.
Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com

Thermometer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey :: Lab Questions :: Lab 1-
Jump to: