Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Full-Scale Drawing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taknasty

Full-Scale Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Full-Scale Drawing   Full-Scale Drawing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:54 pm

In the task letter it asks for, "a scale model of your design to accompany the full-scale drawings and description in your report". Wanted to clarify, we are using pictures of our block instead of an actually "drawing", correct? and on the pictures we display full scale measurements with uncertainty... Then when writing why our model is shaped the way it is we include actual measurements of the scaled down model used in the wind tunnel... Am I on the right track or am I miss understanding?
Back to top Go down
mtetlow

Full-Scale Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Full scale drawing   Full-Scale Drawing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Similar question, if we do have to include a drawing (AutoCAD/Solidworks type drawing), do they want a drawing that has the full scale dimensions of the vehicle? Or do they want a drawing of the miniture scale model drawn to full scale (2" thickness corresponds to 2" on the paper, etc).

Or would pictures with a ruler in the back of our model from multiple dimensions be sufficient?
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

Full-Scale Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full-Scale Drawing   Full-Scale Drawing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 am

You do not need to do any kind of Solidworks or Autocad rendering of the design. And yes, you will be using pictures of your model, but labeling it with the full-scale measurements of the design in meters (no uncertainties here, because design dimensions by nature do not have uncertainty).

You should also say somewhere in the report the size of the model, i.e. you created a scale model of the design that is 1/50th the size. It probably wouldn't hurt to also include the dimensions of the model.
Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Full-Scale Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full-Scale Drawing   Full-Scale Drawing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full-Scale Drawing
Page 1 of 1