Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

question about the length of the brass

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wujie

question about the length of the brass Empty
PostSubject: question about the length of the brass   question about the length of the brass Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:08 pm

I was just wondering, what do you do with the length that we measured for the cylinder. We found a relationship with the strain and displacement to find the strain values past 30 so we don't need to use it there. Where else would you need to use the length?
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

question about the length of the brass Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about the length of the brass   question about the length of the brass Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:56 pm

So, because we did have the measured displacement data from the computer, the final length measurement is largely superfluous and just more of a reference for you to have. You don't have to use it if you don't want to; I would say if you did use it, it could just be a sanity check for the strain vs displacement relationship you mentioned, but you certainly don't have to.
Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com

question about the length of the brass
Page 1 of 1