Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calibration Curve for the pressure sensors

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
twhalm

Calibration Curve for the pressure sensors Empty
PostSubject: Calibration Curve for the pressure sensors   Calibration Curve for the pressure sensors Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:57 pm

I was wondering how we are supposed to account for the weight platter in the pressure calibration curve.

Should we add the weight of the weight platter to all of our measurement weights? Or is there some other way of accounting for it?
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

Calibration Curve for the pressure sensors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calibration Curve for the pressure sensors   Calibration Curve for the pressure sensors Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:08 pm

This is a good question that a few people already brought up in lab. So obviously your 'zero lb.' point doesn't have a pressure measurement of zero, because there is some weight associated with that loading platter that puts a force on the device and creates a non-zero pressure. This is ok...remember you are just trying to get a calibration curve, so think about what is going to go on the abscissa (x-axis) of the plot and what is going to go on the y-axis. The left corner of your plot does not necessarily have to start at 0,0 and in fact it won't, because your 'zero point' is at 0 lb. and whatever you measured for the unloaded pressure.
Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com

Calibration Curve for the pressure sensors
Page 1 of 1