Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2012 ME 395 - GSI Josh Lacey

This is a discussion forum for Josh Lacey's lab sections of Fall 2012 ME 395.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting Strain from the Rosette

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rholstad

Getting Strain from the Rosette Empty
PostSubject: Getting Strain from the Rosette   Getting Strain from the Rosette Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Do we need to include the equations for how we got the longitudinal strain from the rosette? I'm really running low on space in this 4 page limit...
Back to top Go down
GSI Overlord
Admin

Getting Strain from the Rosette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Strain from the Rosette   Getting Strain from the Rosette Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:29 pm

You just need to explain how you calculated the principal strain. It's probably enough just to say that you had the 3 strain gages on the rosette, and using Mohr's circle of strain (reference the ME211 textbook) you were able to calculate a principal strain for the aluminum cylinder. Or maybe you could just show the last two equations that show the principal strain...you probably don't need to show that whole set of formulae.
Back to top Go down
http://fall2012me395.forumotion.com

Getting Strain from the Rosette
Page 1 of 1